Take the stage for a chance to release your inner rockstar and raise money for the charity of your choice!
Our Corporate Battle of the Bands 2018 Participants
Omega Mechanical will be teaming up with local rock band Alice Hardy.
Omega Mechanical Ltd. (“Omega”) is a full-service, self-performing mechanical contractor and our partner company Broadway Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Co. Ltd. (“Broadway”), is one of Vancouver’s longest standing mechanical companies. Together we specialize in designing and installing all aspects of plumbing and HVAC mechanical systems, including strong design-build, design-assist and pre-construction capabilities. Together, Omega and Broadway are successfully delivering quality results on a wide range of projects as large as $55 million to small retrofit projects.
Check out Omega Mechanical!
Alice Hardy formed in Vancouver BC back in 2016. While stepping through the ashes of earlier musical projects, Paul, Doug and Clayton were introduced and agreed to meet up for a casual jam.
The timing was perfect and what started that day as a dynamic three piece setup of guitar, bass and drums really started to roll and songs began to emerge. Songs with influences and tastes of metal, punk, funk and alternative all slammed together in a high speed, fast and freakin furious hard rock shell.
Check out Alice Hardy!
Railtown Cafe will be competing alongside The Escapes.
Located at the corner of Railway and Dunlevy in the historic Railtown District of Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside, Railtown Cafe has been serving healthy and delicious food since the summer of 2012. Launched by Vancouver chefs Dan Olson and Tyler Day — who own and operate the award-winning Railtown Catering out of the same facility — we foster a fun and friendly environment with a true sense of community for staff and customers alike.
Fresh is what we do best, offering heaping portions of healthy comfort food prepared from scratch daily by our talented team of classically trained chefs. Made using only the best local and organic ingredients, we offer artisan bread loaves, soups, pastries, made-to-order gourmet sandwiches and a build-your-own salad bar unlike anywhere else in the city, along with house-made ice cream available by the jar and cone, locally roasted coffee, cold-pressed juices and a range of local craft beer, wine and spirits.
The Escapes' music is a blend of Jazz, Soul, Funk, and Pop taking inspiration from bands such as Hiatus Kaiyote, Dirty Loops, John Mayer, Vulfpeck, Paramore, Raelee Nikole and Stevie Wonder. Merged through a happy accident, The Escapes were coincidentally connected in September 2015 and haven’t stopped writing and performing since. The five members of the band, Max and Rhett Cunningham, Isobel Ralph, Keely Ramage-Scott, and Jack Wells all make The Escapes something exciting and intriguing.
In January 2018 the band was signed to a development contract with 604 Records of Vancouver, and have worked closely with the likes of Louise Burns and Dave Genn of 54-40. They are in for a very busy summer full of performing and recording.
Check out The Escapes!
Phoenix Tattoo will be teaming up with robots and gods.
At Phoenix Tattoos our goal it to is provide quality tattooing for a fair price, our artists, have a wide range of styles from, custom designs , cover-ups.
Check out Phoenix Tattoo!
robots and gods began performing in small bars and clubs around Vancouver in late 2014. In November 2016, they won Live Acts Best in Vancouver. Their first single “Just like Before” received radio airplay in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. In January 2017 they received international recognition as one of the top 10 up and coming artists of the year by Muzooka.
robots and gods has spent the better part of the last year writing new material. After nearly a year long hiatus, they began performing again in March 2018. Their hard work has paid off, as audiences have been raving about their new sound.
Their performances this year include: Greek Day on Broadway, the Vancouver International Jazz Festival at the Railway Club, Chances Casino in Cloverdale, as well as Headlining at the Roxy and a Red Truck Show at the Portside Pub in Gastown.
Steam Whistle Pilsner will be supporting The Molten Blues Band.
Greg Taylor, Cam Heaps and Greg Cromwell had been colleagues at one of Canada's premier microbreweries in the late 1980's and 90's, before it was bought out by a national brewer and closed down, like so many of Ontario’s independent breweries. As they sat around the campfire, the self-named "Three Fired Guys" dreamed of running their own brewery one day—one that would make a Pilsner to compete with the best in the world.
Over the past two decades, Steam Whistle has grown from a dream hatched by the fireside into one of Canada’s largest and most beloved independent breweries. But our Founders’ vision of creating a Pilsner Canadians can be proud of is still the driving force behind why we show up every day.
The Molten Blues Band are an electric blues bandThis Texas Shuffle style Blues Band started out as a tribute to Stevie Ray Vaughan but have added hits from Cream, Jimi Hendrix, and other clasic artists, as well as a few original tunes.
Recipient of Fraser Valley Music Award's (FVMA) top prize for 'Best Performance Artist of the Year" for 2017.
Check out The Molten Blues Band here!
Corporate Battle of the Bands is a friendly competition to promote music and workplace team building. Professionals from local businesses get the chance to release their inner rock star and raise money for a good cause.
- The Battle will feature corporate sponsors and their employees who play music on the side
- Each band will try to steal the spotlight in front of an audience of co-workers, friends and live music fans
- Winners will be determined by a panel of judges and audience response
- Battle of the Bands will take place over 6 nights: 3 bands on each of the preliminary 5 nights with winners from each round competition in the Corporate Battle of the Bands final on October 25 2018
- Event proceeds will benefit the winning band’s charity of choice
- Bands must have a minimum of three members and a maximum of eight
- At least one member must be affiliated with the sponsoring corporation
- Application/Entry Form and payment
- Bands must supply a list of musicians, band bio and photo, company logo and set list
- Bands can play original and/or cover music
- Backline including a drum kit and bass cab will be provided
- Performances will be evaluated by judges and audience response
- Bands will be judged on showmanship, creative and talent/musicianship
- Each band will have a performance set of up to 35 minutes
One entry fee gets your corporation:
- One band entered into the 2018 Corporate Battle of the Bands
- Logo and link on the Flamingo and Live Acts websites for a minimum of 2 months
- Frequent posts on the Flamingo and Live Acts social media channels
- Logo on printed poster and handbills
- A “band bio” online to highlight your company and employees that are participating in the Battle
- A chance to rehearse in Blackbird Hall, the Corporate Battle of the Bands venue in Surrey
- A chance to Battle for the Title and Trophy
- Comes with 100 complimentary tickets for staff and guests to attend